A Details Discussion on Community Health Assessment
Community Assessment in Public Health:
Components of Community Health Assessment:
- Health history,
- Head, eyes, ears, nose, and throat,
- Cardiovascular assessment,
- Gastrointestinal assessment,
- Genitourinary assessment,
- Musculoskeletal assessment,
- Assessment of the integument.
A complete and holistic health assessment includes the following:
- Health history,
- Physical, psychological, social, and spiritual assessment,
- Consideration of laboratory and diagnostic test results,
- Review of other available health information.
There are some key principles of community assessment which are presented below:
- Residents are one of the best experts in the community in which they live.
- All the residents have abilities, skills, and talents that they can contribute to the community.
- A potent community is created upon the resources and talents of its members.
A community health assessment can be very effective in mobilizing a community to act as it ascertains and matches the skills of community members with the resources of organizations. Community health assessments can also be utilized to do the following:
- Create a coalition action plan.
- Establish objectives for a program or intervention.
- Select the strategies to use in a program or intervention.
- For evaluating progress in the community, establish a baseline.
- Ascertain new strategies, ideas, partners, and resources that can be used in working toward a common goal.
More questions related to this article:
- What are community assessments in public health?
- Define the community assessment.
- What are the components of community health assessments?
- What are the common components of health assessment?
- List the principles of community assessment.
- What are the purposes of community assessment?
- What is the purpose of a community needs assessment?
- Why is community assessment important?
- What are the key components of the community assessment process?
- What is the purpose of a needs assessment?
- What community does health need assessments?
- What are the components of a patient assessment?
- What is a physical health assessment?