4 Different Types of Shock in Medical
What is Shock in Medical?
Classification or Types of Shock in Medical:
There are different types of shock in medical which are discussed below:
1. Oligemic Shock:
Oligemic shock happens when the tissues have been damaged and there is a loss of fluid or blood from the circulation. This type of shock is very commonly present in the following situations-
- Burns and scalds,
- After a surgical operation,
- In severe vomiting and diarrheas.
2. Neurogenic Shock:
This may happen when no specific injury has taken place but when an emotional upset has occurred. It can occur in the following circumstances-
- In the state of fear,
- In the state of high emotion due to bad news,
- Due to exposure,
- Spinal or head injury.
3. Hemorrhagic Shock:
Loss of blood due to wounds, internal bleeding, multiple trauma, and severe burns.
4. Respiratory Shock:
There is an insufficient amount of oxygen in the blood due to inadequate breathing or respiratory arrest. It is very in the below situations-
- Spinal injury,
- Obstruction of airways,
- Chest trauma.
5. Psychological Shock:
Something psychological affects the patient died of a loved one, accident, etc.
6. Cardiac Shock:
Cardiac muscles do not pump effectively due to injury or previous heart failure. The heart muscle no longer imparts sufficient pressure to circulate the blood.
7. Metabolic Shock:
Loss of body fluid with a change in biochemical equilibrium and insulin shock diarrhea.
8. Septic Shock:
This type of shock is a serious condition that occurs when an overwhelming infection leads to low blood flow and low blood pressure.
9. Anaphylactic Shock:
An acute allergic reaction of the body to sensitize by a foreign protein.
More questions related to this article:
- What do you mean by shock?
- What do you understand by shock in medical?
- What is the definition of shock in medical?
- What are the major types of shock?
- What are the classifications of shock?
- What are the different types of shock?
- What is the most common type of shock?
- How many types of shock are there?