Euthanasia: Advantages and Disadvantages
What is Euthanasia?
Advantages of Euthanasia in Humans:
- The right to die must be a matter of private choice.
- Health is more important than length.
- Euthanasia is another case of freedom of choice.
- It should be patient decide whether or not they want to die.
- Life of suffering and pain can be as bad as death.
- Euthanasia provides a path to relieve extreme pain (Painless death).
- It ends the suffering of the dying.
- It gives dignity to a dying person.
- It is humane.
- Speedy termination of physical and emotional sufferings.
- Saves family money.
- Stops relatives suffering, watching their loved ones suffer a painful death.
- The organ can be put to good use.
- When a person’s quality of life is low, it provides a way of relief.
- Frees up medical funds to help other people.
- It would stop doctors from breaking the law when they let someone die on purpose.
Many people believe that religious, moral, and ethical values all must take importance and death should become natural. Euthanasia is not good for all time. Some disadvantages listed in the following:
- Euthanasia devalues human life.
- Euthanasia can become a means of health care cost limitation.
- Doctors and other health care personnel should not be involved in directly causing death.
- Religious grounds: it is immortal for Muslims, Catholics, and other religious beliefs.
- Common sense grounds: euthanasia is permanent.
- It goes against ethics.
- Could be abused.
- Unnecessary due to advances in palliative care.
- The dying individual may not be able to think clearly enough.
- Patients can be talked into euthanasia for the wrong reasons.
- Patients may not believe their doctors to keep them alive.
- Euthanasia is no better than murder.
- It is not fair to expect doctors to kill their patients.
- There are special places for terminally sick people to have cared for therefore euthanasia is not essential.
- If the patient is incapable to make a decision, who has the right to decide whether they live or don’t?
- Mistakes can happen, is diagnosis and prescription from the doctor’s side.
- It goes against the sanctity of life principle.
- It is against the oath of physicians.
- This can urge other people to do the same.
More questions related to this article:
- What is meant by euthanasia?
- Define euthanasia.
- What do you mean by euthanasia?
- What are the major advantages of euthanasia?
- What are the disadvantages of euthanasia?
- What are the religious pros and cons of euthanasia?
- What are the benefits of euthanasia to society?
- List some positive effects of euthanasia on society.
- How does euthanasia benefit society?
- Discuss passive euthanasia pros and cons.
To get more medical tips, follow our website.