Importance and Objects of Pediatric Nursing Process
What is the Nursing Process?
- It guides nurses to take deliberate steps to identify a client’s problems to set realistic goals and intervene in individualized care.
- It assists to deliver optimum, need-based nursing care to the children effectively and intelligently.
- It enhances communication and interpersonal relationship with the client and team members.
- It encourages for identification and utilization of the client’s strength.
- It provides continuity of care by reducing omissions and duplications of actions.
Clear Concept About Pediatric Nursing:
Paediatric nursing is the branch of medicine dealing with the health and medical care of infants, children, and adolescents from birth up to the age of 18. The word “pediatrics” means “healer of children”. They are derived from two Grek words: (pais=child) and (iatros=doctor or healer). Pediatrics is a relatively new medical specialty, developing only in the mid-nineteenth century. Abraham Jacobi is known as the father of pediatrics.
Objects of Pediatric Nursing:
The main objects studying pediatric nursing is pointed out below:
- To reduce infant and child rate of deaths,
- To control the spread of infectious disease,
- To flourish healthy lifestyles for long disease-free life,
- To help to relieve the problems of children and adolescents with chronic conditions.
- Genetic and congenital conditions,
- Cancers and
- Organ disease and dysfunctions.
In pediatric nursing, pediatricians are engaged with the early detection, prevention, and management of problems including:
- Developmental delays and disorders,
- Functional disabilities,
- Behavioral problems,
- Social stresses,
- Mental disorders including depression and anxiety disorders.
- What is the definition of the nursing process?
- Define the nursing process.
- What are the characteristics of the nursing process?
- What is the significance of the nursing process?
- What are the components of the nursing process?
- What are the purposes of pediatric nursing?
- Why are pediatric nurses important?
- Who is the father of paediatric nursing?
- Who was the first pediatrician?
- Explain the main concept of child health nursing.