What to Do and Not to Do in Your Third Trimester of Pregnancy?
What is Pregnancy or Gestation?
Tips for Third Trimester or Last Trimester Pregnancy:
A pregnant woman can do the below things during his last trimester of pregnancy:
- Continue to take prenatal vitamins.
- Stay active unless there is swelling or pain.
- Work out on the pelvic floor by doing Kegel exercises.
- Eat a diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, low-fat forms of protein and fiber.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take enough calories (about 300 calories more than normal).
- Keep the teeth and gums healthy. Poor dental hygiene is linked to premature labor. Get plenty of rest and sleep.
A pregnant woman shouldn’t do the following things during his last trimester of pregnancy:
- Strenuous exercise or strength training that could cause an injury to the stomach,
- Taking caffeine (no more than one cup of tea or coffee per day),
- Taking alcohol,
- Illegal drugs,
- Raw fish or smoked seafood,
- Swordfish, shark, mackerel, or white snapper fish,
- Raw sprouts,
- Unpasteurized milk or other dairy products,
- Deli meats or hot dogs,
- Long car trips and airplane flights, if possible,
- The following prescription drugs: Acitretin (Soriatane) for psoriasis, Isotretinoin (Accutane) for acne, thalidomide (Thalomid), and ACE inhibitors for high blood pressure.
- Attend a parenting class. This is a huge scope to learn about what to expect during labor and the various options available for delivery.
- Find a family member or friend who can care for pets or other children.
- Have an overnight bag packed and ready with items for mother and baby.
- Plan the specific route and mode of transportation for reaching the hospital.
- Develop a birth plan with the doctor. This may include deciding who wants in the labor room for support, concerns they have about hospital procedures, and pre-registering with insurance information.
- Have a crib ready for baby and double-check that it’s safe.
- Check that smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors in the home are working properly.
- Have emergency numbers, including poison control, written somewhere close to the phone.
- Have to stock up on baby supplies i.e. wipes, diapers, and baby clothing in different sizes.
- Celebrate pregnancy with friends and family.
More questions related to this article:
- What do you understand by pregnancy?
- What to do in the third trimester for normal delivery?
- What should a pregnant woman do during the last trimester?
- What are the things to avoid during the third trimester of pregnancy?
- What not to do in your third trimester of pregnancy?
- Mention some useful tips for third-trimester pregnancy.