Tonsillitis Disease: A Details Discussion
What is Tonsillitis?
Types of Tonsillitis Disease:
Acute Tonsillitis includes-
- Catarrhal tonsillitis,
- Follicular tonsillitis,
- Parenchytnatous tonsillitis,
- Peritonsillar abscess (quinsy).
There are some common causes of tonsillitis which are listed below:
- Group-A beta-hemolytic streptococci,
- H. influenzae,
- A respiratory syncytial virus,
- Epstein-Barr virus,
- Herpes simplex virus,
All the symptoms of tonsillitis have pointed out in the following:
- A sore throat,
- Trouble swallowing,
- Enlargement of the tonsils,
- Large lymph nodes around the neck.
- Painful swallowing with fever.
- Abrupt onset of pain in the throat which may radiate to the ears.
- Tonsils look markedly red and congested.
- The false membrane may develop in follicular tonsillitis.
- Shivering and convulsions may occur especially in younger children.
- Anterior cervical glands may be enlarged and become tender.
- A recurrent sore throat,
- Abdominal pain,
- Poor food intake,
- Bad smell in the breath,
- Dryness and irritation in the throat.
Swelling or Inflammation of the tonsils from frequent or ongoing (chronic) tonsillitis may cause complications. Such as:
- Disrupted breathing during sleep (obstructive sleep apnea),
- Difficulty in breathing,
- Failure of thriving,
- Infection which expanse deep into surrounding tissue (Tonsillar cellulitis),
- Oral thrush,
- Infection outcomes in a collection of pus behind a tonsil (peritonsillar abscess).
Risk factors of tonsillitis may vary from age to age. It is explained below:
Risk Factors of Tonsillitis at Young Age:
Most of the time It has seen that tonsillitis occurs in children but rarely in those younger than age 2. Tonsillitis disease caused but bacteria is most common in children ages 5 to 15, while viral tonsillitis is more common in a young child.
Frequent Exposure to Germs:
School-age children are in very close contact with their peers and are frequently exposed to viruses or bacteria that can cause tonsillitis.
More questions related to this topic:
- Define tonsillitis.
- What do you mean by tonsillitis?
- What is the classification of tonsillitis?
- What are the major causes of tonsillitis?
- What are the common reasons for tonsillitis?
- Describe the clinical features of tonsillitis.
- What are the complications of tonsillitis?
- Explain the risk factors of tonsillitis.
- What causes tonsillitis?
To get more medical tips, follow our website.